There comes a day when you walk over to your closet, pull out your favorite go-to outfit and suddenly realize that you no longer love it the way you used to. You are in a style rut! Style fatigue hits everyone at one point or another. The good news is, there are a few easy steps you can take to get out of your uniform and into trendy territory.
They always say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Whether it’s the classic sophistication of George Clooney, or the rugged handsomeness of Ryan Reynolds, finding a style icon to look up to is a perfect way to branch out and adopt a new style. Once you find him, how do you begin?
- Create a “Vision” Board: Grab photos of your style icon’s various looks. Find a great daytime casual look, a date-night look, and an evening, special occasion look. Look at each individual look and find the patterns that make the look uniquely “him.”
- Start Small: Don’t immediately run out and buy a whole new wardrobe. Find a great jacket, or similar pair of jeans and see where it goes. You might find the direction you’re initially going isn’t what you thought it would be.
- Adjust to Your Lifestyle: If you need to wear a suit to your job everyday, replacing your wardrobe completely with streetwear is a big expense with not a lot of use. Take those looks and adapt them to your personal lifestyle.
If you look into your closet and see what are essentially variations of the same shade, it’s time to mix it up. Adding a new color to your wardrobe will give your signature pieces a little boost, and it may even give your wardrobe confidence a little kick. Take a great navy suit and pair it with a bold red shirt, for an unexpected but classic color combination.
We know you’ve learned all about layering before, but what have you actually done about it? The next time you walk out of the house in a pair of trousers, or even a great fitting pair of jeans, and a shirt (button down, t-shirt, whatever), add a layer on top. That one extra step will heighten your basics and turn them from a rut to a strut.
We suggest investing in a modern and neutral sport jacket, like a charcoal grey. The color will go with just about anything and can easily carry over from day to night.
Needing a little change to an already successful wardrobe? Try changing out some of your tired accessories for something new.
- Pop Your Pocket: Turn your breast pocket into a work of art with a pocket square. That tiny touch of color can make a jacket look brand new in seconds.
- Lavish Your Lapel: Punch up your often overlooked lapel by adding a color-coordinating lapel pin.
- Cuff’em: You might think cufflinks are for more formal occasions, but by adding a peek-a-boo cufflink surprise to your everyday look, you’ll go from stylish to style standout (in the best way)!
Ready to dress the new you at an affordable price? Karako Suits has the styles you’re looking for at prices too good to pass up! Visit us online, or in person!